The venue for the school will be High Leigh Conference Centre, Hoddesdon,
The earliest recorded settlement at High Leigh is of a group of farm buildings
which are shown on a deed dated 1403. The original parts of the house that is
still standing today were built by a Mr Charles Webb, a manufacturer of gold
lace who made his fortune during the Crimean war. In 1871, Robert Barclay, of
the banking family, bought the estate and gave it the name High Leigh.
Since 1921 it has been owned by conference trusts and has undergone some
Bedroom blocks were added during the 1920's, 1950's, 1980's and 1990's, the new
dining room was built in the 1970's and the large conference room, Yew Tree Hall
almost ten years later. The bedroom blocks are mainly two storeys and are built
around a quadrangle.
In the years since the Bible School has been held there has been a number of
improvements including a new reception area, an extension and modernising of the
Yew Tree Hall and the building of the new 'Cherry Wing.'
Unless conference attendees want to there is no need to go outside to reach any
bedroom from the main facilities.
There are formal gardens with a small ornamental pool and fountain close to the
house with grass and woodland areas beyond. Although relatively close to London
the conference centre is in a rural location with many possibilities for walks
in the countryside or visits to the Hertfordshire countryside.
For further details of the Conference Centre we invite you to follow the link to
the official site of
High Leigh Conference Centre.
For details of the location of the conference
centre, please see the map below.